Sign in or
College Success 102
Being a college student is a profession! It takes skills and dedication.
Did you know:-For every 1 credit you are enrolled, you should be spending 3 hours OUTSIDE of class preparing for it.
-You spend $78.84 to attend each 1 credit 50 minute class
So make the most of YOUR time and money!
This course is designed to advance students’ skills in being a successful life-long learner.
At the end of this term the student should be able to:
· Recognize and verbalize one’s motivation for being in college
· Manage time efficiently, appropriately and effectively
· Have critical thinking skills in regards to written literature
· Have a repertoire of study techniques that is developed individually for success
· Have a stress management strategy
· Understand and be able to independently utilize the writing process
· Have competency in research techniques and sources
· Understand and engage in appropriate classroom conduct
· Be in good habit of using these skills
Latest page update: made by betsi.little
, Jan 27 2009, 7:41 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by betsi.little
162 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|karlie.hill||Reflections from 2/10||0||Feb 11 2009, 1:12 PM EST by karlie.hill|
Thread started: Feb 11 2009, 1:12 PM EST Watch
• What do you want from college?
All I really want from college is an education. More than just reading from books, I would like to learn, be engaged, and leave with a deeper understanding of both biblical studies and psychology. I’m going to college so that I can leave here and be stable enough to have a job and a family. I’m going to college so that I have have a job, save money, and have a family. I want to be very well educated, as I am the first in my family to go to college, and I feel like that is what I can get from college.
• What are you afraid or challenged by?
I’m afraid of not doing well. I’m afraid that I won’t do as well as I should. I’m afraid that I may not graduate in time. I’m afraid that I’m not giving as much as I can. I’m afraid class will be so hard that I won’t be able to get through the class.
• How do I develop plans/goals?
I set one very broad goal and do whatever it takes to get there.
• How do I cope with the challenges of college?
I cry, a lot. And I sleep a lot. But even more than that, I just deal with things. I deal with the challenges even if I hate it, so that I will just be done with it and not have to worry about it afterward. Getting the challenge done is all I want when its something that is difficult for me.
|betsi.little||What college challange took you most by surprise?||2||Feb 10 2009, 4:24 PM EST by Rachael.Simmons|
Showing 2 of 2 threads for this page
master syllabus sp2009.pdf (Adobe Portable Document Format - 25k)
posted by betsi.little Feb 1 2009, 12:36 AM EST
Grade Tracker.xls (Excel Worksheet - 19k)
posted by betsi.little Jan 31 2009, 11:49 PM EST
Blank.xls (Excel Worksheet - 18k)
posted by betsi.little Jan 31 2009, 11:42 PM EST